Uganda’s President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni has expressed need for shut down of Uganda following more Corona Virus Cases in the country currently at 33.
He has last evening from State House Nakasero issued new guidelines including;
- Ban all people movement including those using their private cars. Ban takes effect from 22.00 tonight until 1st April.
- All shopping arcades/malls and shops closed for 14 days.
- Non food shops closed. Exemption – Food shops, veterinary stores, pharmaceutical stores.
- Supermarkets remain open but adhere to set guidelines on numbers, handling of trolleys etc.
- Established food markets in Kampala and other towns to remain open. Still adhere to set guidelines especially keeping 4 metre distance between people. Sellers in these markets not to go home for 14 days.
- Saloons, lodges, garages to close from 1st April.
- Construction sites, factories can continue to work as long as their workers remain on site for 14days.
- PM and Health Minister to clarify essential service entities to remain open. These should also consider keeping their employees on site for 14 days.
- Cargo transport within and cross border to continue. Cargo aircraft- with only the crew; trucks- limited to 3 persons.
- Gatherings of more than 5 persons are prohibited.
- Starting at 19.00 on 31March there will be a curfew across the country. Exemption to cargo transporters.
- Government vehicles to be pooled at district offices to support transport medical emergencies.
- Special permission to transport medical emergencies in private cars to be granted by the RDC.